Monday, September 27, 2010

Cooking Career


Christine Spencer-Zimmer is a 39 year-old-woman who’s profession is being a chef. She started this dream by working at a High School in Indiana for three years as a cook there.

Zimmer was asked what made her want to be a cook for a living and she said, “The person who inspired me to cook would be my Grandma Zorick. Growing up she taught me so much about cooking and that rubbed off on me. I love to put my heart and soul into cooking and give people the best possible dish of food to eat.”

As we talked she had mentioned that, “I attended Le Cordon Bleu Culinary School, where I graduated with honors.” As Zimmer went to school at Le Cordon Bleu she also worked at Chianti Grill. She said that, “I truly love my job at Chianti Grill. They have taught me so much.”

Zimmer would like to compete on Hells Kitchen or Top Chef. “The one restaurant I would love to cook at would be the French Laundry in California owned by Thomas Keller.”

While at school Zimmer had a favorite chef teacher and she said that, “My favorite chef in culinary school would be Chef Kaye, he taught or Cuisine across Nations. This class was about food from around the world and he is one of the top sushi chefs in the Twin Cities.”

Zimmer has been thinking about getting a new job at Chipotle. “I am getting a new job, because there is no room to advance at my current job, and I have a life plan to own my own restaurant in 10-15 years.”

Out of all the years she has cooked for my family I don’t really have a favorite dish that she makes. There is one that I do like and it’s our family homemade chicken noodle soup that has been in our family for many years.

When asked what her favorite dish was she said, “My favorite dish to make would be grilled chicken, wild rice soup, and my favorite dessert would be my mini turtle cheesecakes.”

No comments:

Post a Comment