Tuesday, September 21, 2010

"Bottom line, I would do it again."


By Sunshine Her
I interviewed one of my close friends, Cicily Kong, who graduated from North High school in 2008. She enjoys singing, which she is gifted with, being active in the community, cooking, meeting new people, and art. She is seriously one the most kind and loving person I know.

During her time at North, “I took High school for granted!” she said. “Waking up early was not easy, and it affected my attitude.” I think we all can relate to this. We, as students don’t like the fact that we are waking up around 6 in the morning to go to a place we don’t want to even think about. But being involved in activities, or having one class we enjoy will give us motivation to go. “I wasn’t a straight A student, I wasn’t athletic, wasn’t anything special. I wasn’t into books and academics, but I was into all of the art programs.”

She regrets not being more involved, staying the extra hours, and taking the extra step to build relationship with students and faculty. “That’s why I try to be active NOW wherever I am.” When we are in our fourties and look back, for some of us, High school was, or is an awkward phase in our life. You make the best out of it. Her highlights definitely had to be COFFEE HOUSE ACTS and making her Prom dress!

Kong is currently a Student Ambassador at Century College. Working on her Associates degree – transferring to a four year college (undecided!) “Because I want to do EVERYTHING and BE everything.” Lastly she would like to give a shout out to Mr. Kopp!

No comments:

Post a Comment