Thursday, April 14, 2011

Majid Salam, Karate-Kicking Businessman


Majid likes to wake up at 6:45 for school. He’s 18 years old, and he can speak 9 languages including: English, French, Arabic, Yoroba, Ghu, and Fun. He practices martial arts, plays soccer, and wants to be a businessman when he grows up. He also set fire to his cat once.

Majid practices karate, and has a 2nd degree black belt. It’s “not just about fighting, it’s about discipline and getting stronger,” says Majid. He’s been training for eleven years, and he’s pretty serious about karate.

Along with karate, Majid also plays soccer. “Soccer is my life; I wish I was born with a soccer in my hand. I grew up playing it all the time,” he says.

And speaking of growing up, when Majid grows up, he says he’ll be a businessman. “Business is in my blood. My dad and grandpa were both businessmen.”

On a totally different subject, Majid has many favorite colors. He likes green because it “looks really nice, makes me think of the earth.” He likes purple because it “looks good on me.” And he also likes pink, and says that it “reminds me of my dad, because he had cancer.”

Majid has a very interesting life too. He’s been hit by a truck once, and has also had a pet smoking monkey who drank alcohol. And did I mention that he’s a karate-kicking businessman too? Because he is.

No comments:

Post a Comment