Monday, November 8, 2010

Thanksgiving Day






A day that was originally here to honor the pilgrims back in the day now became a literal term as in “what do you give thanks for?” piled on with a lot of feasting as well. The typical family has turkey and their family crowd around the table, give thanks and eat up. These three students wanted to share what they do on their Thanksgiving day.

Junior Vang - “We have a family get together and have a huge feast with all sorts of food that you would find on Thanksgiving . I like to do this because it gives me a chance to know my family and my loved ones. It doesn’t feel different from what others think Thanksgiving is, but it is special. Thanksgiving is very special, because it shows how much people care about you nd how much you care about them. I’m very thankful for my friends and family especially my girlfriend, Sami.”
Andrew Aguilar – “I go to my grandparents house. I’m thankful for all my friends and family in my life. We play gambling games with the family. I conider thanksgiving very meaningful because I get to be in contact with family I don’t normally get to see. Something unusual I do for thanksgiving is play gambling games like Poker with the family, I’m pretty sure not a lot of familes do that.”

Sami Anderson – “I go to my grandmother’s house and have thanksgiving dinner. I’m thankful for EVERYTHING I have. My favorite thing to do for thanksgiving is eat, eat, and eat. I see Thanksgiving as a very meaningful day to me. I don’t think I do anything out of the normal compared to typical families.”

No comments:

Post a Comment