Sunday, November 7, 2010

A Look at "Danger Days: True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys"

After the end of their last tour and the release of their album, "The Black Parade is...Dead!", My Chemical Romance dropped off the grid. They went back to their New Jersey homes to get married, start families and live their lives.
Supposedly to be out last spring, the new album has taken them forever to pull together, but the members of My Chem, have done it again! With, of course, the exception of Bob Bryer (the band's second drummer), who left the band February of this year. But there are no rumors as to the next drummer shall be.

"I was excited for this album," says junior, Amanda Kuhlmann, "Over this summer, when I first heard of the release date, I thought 'It's about time!'."

The new album is called (as seen in the title) "Danger Days: True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys", is going to be dropped on November 22. Though their single, "Na Na Na", has already been released, and the complete video can be seen on YouTube. It has a very heroic feel to it. My Chemical Romance has stayed true to their punk sound, and there is a concept to this video. However, it is not as concept album.

"I was sad to think that The Black Parade was over, but I know they'll make a great comeback as 'The Killjoys'. Says Fan Katie Collis ('11)

No comments:

Post a Comment