Sunday, October 10, 2010

Sing It Loud, A Band To Never Forget.

Minnesota was the theme Saturday October 9th, 2010. Former Minneapolis band Sing It Loud announced in early September, via myspace, they will no longer continue on together. Saturday was their last show. It was taken place at Station 4 and I had the privilege of attending. I would be crazy not to admit that it was my favorite concert I've been too. The reason is because you felt every emotion that was put on the stage. The night was filled with Minnesota love, Sing It Loud came out on stage and had the entire crowd along with everyone who works with them go "quack, quack, quack, go ducks!" in honor of The Mighty Ducks. They were also back up by Steve Salazar, Jamestown Story, Mod Sun and Take Cover, all Minnesota artists.

If you haven't heard of Sing It Loud, there was something special you missed out on. The former band consists of lead vocals, Pat Brown, lead guitar/vocals, Kieren Smith, Bassist, Nate Flynn, Keyboardist, Ben Peterson and Drummer Chris "Sick boy" Lee. The band first started about three years ago and were signed with Epitaph Records along with MN band Motion City Soundtrack. Josh Cain, MCS, produced their first full length album Come Around which came out September of 2008. You can find artists such as Justin Pierre, MCS, and Alex Gaskarth, All Time Low featured. Their second album Everything Collide came out last May and it has contagious lyrics, beats so memorable you want it stuck in your head. Everything Collide is all Sing It Loud. It is nothing but raw emotions.

The show on Saturday was emotional, exciting and entertaining. They came out and gave no less than 150%. They preformed hits such as Sugar Sweet, Here With You, Addicted To When Your Gone, No One Can Touch Us, Come Around, Best Beating Heart. They also preformed songs they normally don't get the chance to such as, Marionettes, Bite Your Lip,and Kieren Smith's song Shadows.

Throughout the show every band member got a chance to express their gratitude to all their fans, friends and families. Also expressing how much they love Minnesota and how here we in fact have great music that is under appreciated.

Pat Brown came out and started crying and as I looked around everyone was crying and I mean everyone. Going to the concert I did not expect myself to tear up but I couldn't help it. I know a lot of bands are breaking up these days but Sing It Loud has created a community with their music and has made everyone apart of it. They have influenced so many people to do what you love and go after your dreams even if it doesn't last forever. It is always worth it because the people you meet and the people who support you are there forever.

I have been a fan of Sing It Loud since they first started. I have been in the crowd when there were maybe 50 people and on Saturday the show was nearly sold out. I've also got the chance to hang out with the members, mostly bassists Nate Flynn who and the rest of the guys has made me feel like more than a fan. They made me feel like a friend that has been with them on their entire journey. I guarantee they will make you feel the same.

Every show they would take the time out to not just snap a quick picture and sign a piece of paper but to get to know their fans and add them into their lives. I consider myself a better person for getting to know Sing It Loud and I applaud them for not only creating excellent music but for creating a community of people who love music simply because it is music. I thank you Pat, Nate, Kieren, Ben and Sick boy for all you've given.


No comments:

Post a Comment